Kicking It Old School
I don't know why, but I thought of two movies from when I was young, tonight. Which, of course, led me to search for them. One was Midnight Offerings (ABC 1981), a TV movie which I remember from maybe Junior High? I was not a Waltons viewer but I did watch Little House On The Prairie and was shocked by how evil Melissa Sue Anderson was in this movie as a "bad" high school witch. More than likely I watched it alone on a Friday night at home since my parents were always working late. I recall being kind of swoony over Patrick Cassidy (the "boy" Melissa's Vivian wanted but Mary's Robin HAD) and Mary McDonough's characters getting together (Mary was a "good" witch) but now when I watch it, I just have to laugh and laugh and laugh!
The other film I thought of was Death At Love House (ABC 1976). Yes, another ABC Friday Night Movie, which I saw as a kid. Pretty obvious no one was actually monitoring my television viewing habits in my household! I used to watch quite a few horror type movies and end up scaring the crap out of myself. I guess that's why I still like horror movies today. This one starred Robert Wagner and Kate Jackson (the "smart" Charlie's Angel) as a married couple who live at the estate of dead movie star, Lorna Love (a Hollywood name if I ever heard one) while researching for their book about her. The problem is, Robert Wagner's Joel, becomes obsessed with Lorna and we start to wonder, is she really dead?? I remember being freaked out by the ending. But keep in mind, I was like in Grade 3.
You know what's ironic? My Mom had a crush on Robert Wagner when she was a teenager and he even sent her an autographed picture from Hollywood to Burma! And here *I* was, watching him as a kid.
So this was my little distraction while I work on something quite late tonight. Man, I'm starting to think I live in the past too much or something. Does this officially make me old & stumbling towards dementia?
No comments:
Post a Comment