Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Thinking Too Much...Again


The Specialist took three more biopsies today in my Dad's esophagus so we will see how these results go. I'm feeling a bit fatalistic today and feel like no matter what happens, cancer is this insidious disease that just keeps coming back, you just never know when.


I finished watching the BBC series, Sensitive Skin (BBC 2005 - 2007), starring Joanna Lumley, who I know more from Absolutely Fabulous (BBC 1992 - 2004). I quite enjoyed it and even though the main characters were in their 60s and going through some crises, I could still kind of relate. What was interesting to me is how Joanna's Davina was questioning her 35 year marriage and being with the same person for so long (something I definitely have no experience with). Then she was contemplating being without her husband, Al, having never known that. I often joke with my single friends how we are so good at being alone, but not so good at being with someone because, let's face it, we are used to our freedom & not having to think of someone else. But on the flip side, I see my friends who have been married for ages and are now breaking up. It is really hard for them to be single again. What happens a lot, is they jump into new relationships quickly and I wonder if it's because they can't be alone?


So Sensitive Skin is at times heavy, sad, but lots of times it is funny & amusing. I thought Denis Lawson, who plays Davina's husband, Al, was brilliant. I was getting mad at her for even thinking of leaving him!!


This is one of the humourous scenes from the series. Probably takes Cougar to a whole new level when there is a 25 year difference. Hopefully that will not be me 20 years from now. I'm kidding! Actually, if I can look like Joanna at her age I would be very happy. She looks (ahem) absolutely fabulous and I loved her wardrobe in this series.



Almost as bad as calling someone the wrong name when in the throes of passion. Not that that has ever happened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment