Friday, June 08, 2012

I Suck

Tonight I just got a text from a friend who basically was waiting for me at a movie we were supposed to go to. Except I totally forgot. Well I didn't forget. I just thought it was TOMORROW. What the hell is wrong with me? Am I starting to lose it? Usually I'm really good at remembering dates & appointments but this is the 2nd time this year, it has happened. In March I went to an appointment A WEEK early.

Anyway, I felt terrible. Actually, still feel terrible. I'm going to phone her tomorrow and apologize again. She is going back to Japan next week so I want to see her before then. What can I say? I suck.

This week I've been dealing with another episode of contact dermatitis too. I'm pretty allergic but luckily haven't had a bad episode in about 7 years so I guess I got complacent. I used a different cream on my face & unfortunately, it didn't agree with my skin. What's weird is that I looked at the ingredients and none are any I'm supposed to be allergic to. Really annoying. So my left eye completed swelled up and also my forehead. I actually didn't use the cream on my whole face (not sure why, but good thing) so the area I put it on was the area affected. Basically I can't really trust labels. Two other contact dermatitis episodes were from sunscreen, despite reading the ingredients and the ones I'm allergic to not being listed. One time was on vacation in Greece and basically I was covered from head to toe in a red, swollen, blistering rash for 3 weeks. I had to get cortisone shots. Somehow I managed to hike the Samaria Gorge on Crete, even looking like the Creature from the Red Lagoon & itching like crazy. So now I don't wear sunscreen (yes, BAD) but I risk the sun exposure rather than go through the hell of contact dermatitis. I'm also allergic to many essential oils. I learned this after having an outbreak after a spa wrap. That episode I had to go to the hospital because my blood pressure fell quite low. Again, all over my body. That time the Doctor gave me Prednisone for 5 days. That stuff is wicked. I was a jittery mess and could not sleep during those 5 days. I don't know how people are able to handle taking it for a long period of time. So that's my waa waaa complaining about my skin.

Things have also been weird in the city over the last week. On Saturday there was a shooting at the Eaton Centre. You have to understand that in Canada, murders are not an everyday occurrence. In a city of over 5 million people, we had less than 50 murders last year. That's a pretty damn low statistic. Which I am happy about and is one of the reasons why I love Canada. So the shooting on Saturday was quite shocking. I live about a 20 minute walk from the Eaton Centre but I have to say, I rarely shop there. I hate crowds & noise in a shopping mall and rather go to small stores. I walk buy the Centre a lot, but don't go in. I think I've eaten at that Food Court maybe twice?

Then we had the crazy killer in Montreal who decided to kill his victim on camera, chop him into pieces and mail said pieces around the country. That is just so fucked up. Obviously the guy is a psychopath and a narcissist. I mean the guy was uploading videos of himself while ON THE RUN from the law. Quite the ego & exhibitionist. What I wonder is didn't his family think there may have been something wrong with him growing up? He can't have just decided to start killing cats online for kicks one day. There must have been signs along the way.

There was also a flooding at Union Station last Friday which ended up closing the subway system from Yonge to Osgoode. Holy mess! I ended up just taking the streetcar from west to east and luckily avoided all that craziness. Except I did have to get off at Osgoode and walk a bit. I wonder if the work on the sewage system was to blame? They are working on the infrastructure along Front Street for the Pan Am games and also for the revitalization near the Lake. Basically, Toronto is one big construction zone. Roadwork & condo building. I seriously think about leaving and living somewhere quieter. But I would miss downtown. Not sure what the answer is.

Anyway, I am going to have a drink now and try to do some decluttering. I'm making lots of progress. I still feel terrible about standing up my friend. I'm going to try & take her out for Lunch or Dinner to make up for it. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment