Thursday, November 01, 2012

Short And Delicious

I'm not even going to bother apologizing for not blogging because it's so normal nowadays. I have yet to even blog about TIFF12 which was two months ago! BAD!

But today I'm just going to blog about food. I do like liquor with fruitiness to it. Which is probably why I love Eau De Vie, especially Mirabelle and Poire William. I wasn't sure if I had ever drank Calvados before but knowing it is Normandy's apple brandy, I figured I would *have* to like it!

I bought the Christian Drouin Calvados and chilled it in my refrigerator. I also bought some nice smoked salmon from the Market and some fresh bread.


Okay, this is the pairing of my Calvados & Smoked Salmon but I can't get the picture right side up. It has something to do with the camera of my Dad's that he let me borrow. Even when I correct the shot on my computer before I upload, Picasa doesn't let it upload the right way. Anyway, very cold Calvados is quite crisp & clean, but strong with some acidity. Pairing it with the smoked salmon actually works quite well. Let me just say that the Calvados is 40% alcohol so it doesn't take much to start feeling the buzz. Great pairing!

No comments:

Post a Comment