Always hate working on my return and leave it to the last minute. Evidently I need not panic as the deadline has been extended to May 5th due to some email that went out in error with the wrong due date, to those who prepare returns. Woot! However, I finished mine already.
While I was working on it, I had the movie, Tuff Turf (New World Pictures, 1985) on. It stars James Spader, Kim Richards, Robert Downey, Jr. and Olivia Barash. I had never seen it before and saw someone tweet about it, which made me curious. Kind of weird to see these actors thirty years younger...especially Kim Richards, as now she seems like a bit of a train wreck on reality television. I remember Olivia Barash too because she was on the episodes of Little House on the Prairie (NBC, 1974-1983) that dealt with incest. Yeah, Little House on the Prairie could be heavy, man. I remember those episodes really staying with me as a tween. Who knew that James Spader & Robert Downey, Jr. would go on to work on the New Avengers movies three decades later (if you watch Tuff Turf there is a scene involving graffiti that seems to foreshadow this)? The film is basically a gang against a newbie when said newbie goes after gang leader's girl. I found it hilarious watching the high school scenes because honestly, I don't recall high school being like that for me. But then I wasn't in the popular cliques. Meanwhile, in the Tuff Turf school, everyone was going around in class carrying switchblades and ghetto blasters. I guess this was pre-Walkmans? The film is entertaining but it isn't memorable. A good bit of nostalgia and *some* good music.
I'm meditating regularly again, THANK GOD. I mix it up with how I do it. Sometimes I listen to music, sometimes silence, sometimes guided meditations. Lately I really like the Meditation Oasis podcasts. There are different guided meditations that aren't too long and have background music. I try to meditate first thing in the morning with my cup of tea and if I remember, before I go to bed.
For some weird reason, Sephora is no longer carrying the Philosophy shampoo/shower gel/bubble bath products. All the yummy flavours like Vanilla Bean, Coconut Frosting, etc. aren't there anymore, only their skincare products and a few fragrances. So now I have to go to either The Hudson's Bay or Shopper's Drug Mart. Kind of a pain because it's good to have everything in the same place. But when I went to The Hudson's Bay the Philosophy woman gave me TONS of samples to try for my skin. I guess it was a win.
I am still trying really hard to eat well. My working out got sidetracked by my sprained ankle (week number 6 now) but I did not gain weight! Yay for me! I found this spelt & red quinoa bread at my local supermarket which was surprising. It is made by their in-house bakery. It's not bad bread. The only thing I don't like is that I find it a bit too salty.
I keep thinking I want to let my gray grow in and just keep my hair black but then I get scared and think it will make me look really old. Plus, I always get compliments on my magenta highlights and I still really like them! Today at the pharmacy, picking up my medication for my damn pinched nerves pain, the pharmacist said she loved my hair but is too afraid to do *that*. I said she could do just underneath to start. But then she said it would impact how clients would perceive her and I have to say, I get it. There is no way I would have been able to have my hair like this when I was working in a big firm. Everyone was so conservative. I'm glad I can do what I want now. It's really ME.
I'll try to blog more often. How many times have I said THAT??

No comments:
Post a Comment