Some Classics
Continuing on my last blog post, I actually played some piano at my parents' today, while visiting. They have a grand piano in the living room (my Mom plays too, more regularly than me, and mostly Latin music - hilarious - but she was the first person to teach me piano) and sadly, I did not do it justice. But it was relaxing and nice to play again. I played mostly Beethoven and Chopin.
I think my favourite Beethoven is his Pathetique Sonata. It's long though. And takes a lot of practice. Back in the day, I didn't play this too badly. But I was no concert pianist. Here it is in all its movements:
Of course, there is Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, which I love too. I actually learned this from one of my Grandmother's music books (printed in 1920, I believe!). I guess my Mom must have brought it to Canada with her when she left Burma!
I guess my favourite Chopin is his Waltz in C-sharp minor, Op. 64, No. 2. I remember playing this a lot. Actually, my Dad remembers me playing this a lot. Funny how I thought he never paid attention to my practicing and now he can hum little parts of music I used to play. Same with music I used to listen to when I lived at home on work terms from University. He could tell how much angst I was in, by how many times I would play a certain song! LOL!
And that, my friends, is a little classical music refresher for myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment