Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wish List (very loosely)


Well, I guess the top of my wish list right now is to get rid of the flu bug I have had for over a week now. Started with the predictable sore throat, moved to a fever, then a cough & stuffed up nose, which is where I'm still at. Very nasally right now. Yuck.




I need a new car but I'm pretty sure it won't be the new Fiat 500. However, I saw one recently and it is mighty cute. Maybe not in pink though. It kind of reminds me of a tiny version of the Volkswagen Bug. And tiny it is. I looked at the back seat and it's very squishy. Also, little trunk space to be had. I was with my friend Y and we both laughed because we realized we are exactly the demographic Fiat is aiming for with this car. We like cute.




I'm always thinking about travelling and there are a few places I want to visit (besides Japan again). I think the houses built into the rocks in Tenerife, Canary Islands have so much character. I tend to like beaches or ocean holidays where no one really goes. Which is probably why one of my favourites was Corsica (though probably more touristy now, than it was 9 years ago). Tenerife would be all about relaxing & chilling and listening to the waves. Maybe one day...




I would like to go back to London to see Kevin Spacey in Shakespeare's Richard III. I know this isn't going to happen so I guess I can just hope he will bring it to Broadway (fat chance). He's been getting amazing reviews for his performance and having seen him in two other plays, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be disappointed. But if I can't go back to London for this, I still do want to go back to London again, preferably with my cousin. Maybe for her big birthday next year? (Which she'll probably want to ignore.)



Watching this video (of Choir! Choir! Choir! in TO) makes me miss being in a choir. I used to sing a lot when I was younger. In the mirror (with the requisite hairbrush), in choirs, at lessons, but I kind of gave up music (and piano) when I went to University. No time for it. I still play piano now and then at my parents' place but I think about taking lessons again. Add to the fact that I saw a German Baroque concert on the weekend where the one man was playing a harpsichord (okay, how does one *decide* they are going to just, I don't know, play the harpsichord anyway?) and it made me realize I don't listen to enough classical music either. I used to know a lot about classical music & composers (14 years of practical & theory will do that) but now, I remember a piece but can I even identify who wrote it??




This is my Chef's cat, Barton. Doesn't he look almost "human" in this picture? He's really big & fluffy. Of course I wish for a cat but because of my allergies, not going to happen. So I live vicariously through my friends who have cats (and take plenty of antihistamines beforehand). If I were to get a cat, the only one I probably could handle would be this one:


A Sphinx Cat, which is so completely ugly, I couldn't handle it.




I would like this glass bowl for 薄茶. I want to collect more pieces but I would have to order them online or buy them when I go back to Japan. The "way" is really for you to receive pieces from 先生 or friends, that actually mean something. But I really love the idea of glass pieces, though I know they would get very hot when I make 薄茶. I also love the idea of a portable set. I saw a beautiful one in aluminum that costs about $700 (yikes!). Definitely a wish list item.




I haven't seen The Impossible Years (MGM 1968) but my BFF remembers seeing it with her sister (who is 9 years older than her) growing up and told me it's now recently available on DVD (which is true because my favourite DVD rental place still does not have it, and they have virtually every film you can think of). I think it's a fun beach romp and perfect for Summer watching. I need to find it!




We all know how much I love chocolate and basically, I think I have tried most flavours imaginable. That is, except FOIE GRAS chocolate. Actually, a foie gras & chocolate spread, much in the vein as Pasta Gianduja (or its more famous name, Nutella). Alas, this spread is not available in Canada. I searched for stores that sell it here and no luck. I do love my Chocobel chocolates from Montreal (where Yanick uses mushrooms, tomatoes!). Maybe I can email him to use some good old Québécois foie gras? 

No comments:

Post a Comment