BBQ!
We're seeing quite a proliferation of BBQ restaurants in the city and I have to admit, I don't mind! After eating some pretty crappy BBQ over the years, it is so refreshing to have a choice of good BBQ. I think my favourite is definitely The Stockyards but a few weekends ago, G2 wanted to try Lou Dawgs, so we did, and it was pretty damn delicious!
I kind of wanted to do a Ribs/Beef Brisket combo, but they don't let you, so I settled for just Ribs (1/2 rack) while G2 chose a Pulled Pork/Beef Brisket combo (so I snuck some Beef Brisket). We also decided to split an order of Poutine (Traditional, none of that other crap on top of it). As part of G2's combo, G2 also ordered these Deep Fried Pickles. I wasn't feeling it but honestly, when they came and we ate them, they were really really good!
Okay, look how HUGE the Deep Fried Pickles are! The batter they used was tasty (light, crunchy with dill & other seasoning) and the Deep Fried Pickles weren't greasy at all. There's the Beef Brisket in front. It was good but I still think Buster Rhino's Beef Brisket is better. I didn't try the Pulled Pork. The other side G2 ordered was the Meaty BBQ Beans. Oh my. Best. Beans. Ever. They combine it with fatty Pulled Pork and BEER. Really yummy.
Now the Poutine was also very very good. Probably my most favourite Poutine (and I've tried a lot, including in Montreal).
I just had to take a picture of the longest cheese curd string EVER. Is that not the most hilarious thing? The Poutine had freshly cut fries that were piping hot, a gravy that was made from smoked chicken and fresh cheese curds that melted oozingly. SO good! Go! I'll definitely be back.


2 comments:
Add Barque on Roncy to your "to do" list. It is unbelievably good, reasonably priced and usually busy.
Drew
I've heard good things about Barque! But I must admit, I'm usually too lazy to head out there, which is why we ate at Lou Dawgs. (I'm starting to sound like one of *those* Torontonians who will only stay in the downtown core - lol!)
Post a Comment