I just had to post a link to Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir skating their Free Dance program at this year's Skate Canada. I watched it on the weekend, and despite never really loving the movie, Funny Face (Paramount 1957) with Fred Astaire & Audrey Hepburn (it kind of squished me out seeing them together as a romantic couple onscreen, given their 30 year age difference), this program made me smile like crazy.
Okay, maybe the age difference is not so noticeable here...but it would be like me dating a (OMG!) barely in their teens teenager right now. Wait, that would be illegal. And not something I would be interested in AT ALL.
You can tell Tessa & Scott have grown up together & skated forever because they are totally in synch. Not easy I can tell you, from experience. I hated Ice Dancing when I figure skated.
Enjoy!

2 comments:
As I have aged, I have become more appreciative of ice dancing. For some reason Bourne and Kratz captured my imagination and I became a fan. Yeah, it was a bit awkward back in the day but if I could, I probably would like to give it a shot again. Now I need to get back to making my time machine so I can go back 25 years.
Drew
I really loved Bourne & Kratz back in the day. Went to see them @ Skate Canada and a friend even got their autographs for me from the Nagano Olympics. I was sad how it ended between them but it seems like they've reconciled & are friendly again. I have NO desire to try and ice dance now! I find rollerblading is a good substitute for skating!
Post a Comment