THE MUPPETS!
So, The Muppets (Walt Disney Pictures 2011) opened last Wednesday & I went to see it this weekend. But can you believe I could not convince anyone to go with me?? None of my friends wanted to see it! I went by myself & LOVED it! But it made me wonder, are we all jaded as adults that we can no longer embrace our inner child & have silly stupid fun once in a while? Of course I can be serious & responsible like anyone else, but I like to be goofy & not act my age too. I don't get people who can't be like that.
Mind you, one of my friends (who is 2 years older than me) said she never ever watched the Muppets growing up. So I can understand why she wouldn't be interested. I grew up with Sesame Street (PBS 1969 - present). My Mom had to live away from us for 2 years as she was still studying/training so I had a Nanny. I remember watching Sesame Street & reruns of The Flintstones every day. Funny how I can recall that. My favourite characters were Kermit (of course), Bert & Ernie, Cookie Monster, Count von Count and Snuffleupagus. Then when The Muppet Show debuted, I watched that too (but not all seasons).
The movie was fun! Just a feel-good film but with lots of nostalgia & yes, sadness. Jason Segel did a great job at making it about the Muppets, and not about the humans. The humans were the supporting characters. And there are some great cameos. I found it interesting that at the showing I went to, it was ALL adults. Not a kid in sight (and this was at 5:15PM).
Here's the trailer:
Also, my favourite songs from the movie (which you may not want to listen to, if you haven't seen it yet):
I think this needs to be my personal anthem:
And my favourite!
Unfortunately (or fortunately, if you like this song), THIS is also in the movie. I groaned out loud when it started playing but have to admit, it DID fit!
2 comments:
I haven't seen the movie yet but I WILL :) I did listen to the soundtrack on MOG and my favorite is Mahna Mahna! :)
You must see it (unless you already have)! Hee - I love Mahna Mahna too!
Post a Comment