Life
Feeling a bit strange & out of sorts tonight. My BFF's sister passed away yesterday and it has made me think about all the years we have known each other & how much we've been through together. I met my BFF in grade 8. We both had skipped a grade, were crazy about hockey, were members of the Camera Club and had a crush on our teacher. To think that we have remained friends for 30 years is unbelievable & extraordinary, given the paths we have taken. Her sister was quite a bit older than us (9 years), so we never hung out nor did she really give me the time of day. I remember thinking she was pretty & wishing I had her figure. I do recall how she was mad about her boyfriend, who then became her husband, and how they would make out in the basement, where my BFF & I just wanted to hang out during sleepovers. I remember going to their wedding in which my (ironically) grade 8 teacher DJ'd (he was also my friend's sister's teacher in grade 8!) and being mad that a guy I liked was interested in another one of our friends. Which was the story of my life in high school. No one was ever interested in me, being Asian & a minority (Caucasian, blonde, blue-eyed was definitely in). It is a really hard time for my BFF & her family, and I can only imagine how her Mom feels, having a child pass away before her. Again, we just never know when our time will come.
No comments:
Post a Comment