Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day


Yet another one where I am single again, but it's okay. I don't get the hype anyway. It's turned into this huge deal and really, all that I need to make me happy is a sweet card, maybe some flowers & definitely chocolate. Actually, the nice gestures are something we should all do in our relationships throughout the year, not just on one day. So I may have not had a significant other to wish me a Happy Valentine's Day, but my Mom & Dad made sure to give me a call, which is sweet (maybe parents don't do that to their sons, I'm thinking). My Japanese Sensei also gave me a mug after class and said it was from her daughter (who is one years old). Too cute.


Late Dinner tonight but I made some stuff ahead of time and this is what I treated myself to:




Herbed Chevre Almond Balls with a nice glass of cold & crisp Soave.




A Quick Chicken and Greens Stir-Fry (healthy I might add, though I was contemplating making a Burger).




Hazelnut Mousse with Walnut Biscuit soaked in Rum Mini Cake, finished with Dark Chocolate from La Cigogne. I think they purposely did a bit of red colour to their cakes in honour of Valentine's Day. I bought this on Sunday and saved it to eat today.




Malted Milk Hot Chocolate from Soma in my new cup. :)


My movie of choice tonight was When Harry Met Sally (MGM 1989). It was between that and A Room With A View (Merchant Ivory Productions 1985). I love When Harry Met Sally. It never fails to make me laugh, no matter how many times I watch it. I haven't met my Harry. Okay, that's not exactly true. I have met many Harrys but either they became involved with women, who didn't want them to be friends with me anymore, or they were gay. Anyway, it's a nice thought that a platonic long time friend could develop into something more, but in my experience it has never happened. Usually because the long time friend is like a brother and the thought of kissing him, let alone having sex with him, completely grosses me out. Obviously NOT applicable to my gay male friends


Hope whatever you did for Valentine's Day made you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment