Sunday, April 15, 2012

As My Body Slowly Falls Apart...


Still recovering from the terrible pain in my ribs/breasts/chest. Holy moly! It's really ridiculous how much it hurts and how long it has lasted. Then, of course, I ended up throwing my back out too. So I continue to take it easy and not do much in the socializing or exercising department. Don't even really feel like blogging but thought maybe I should write something.


This weekend I watched a couple of rollerskating movies. I have no idea what made me want to watch them. I never saw them when they were originally released either. I did roller skate as a kid a few times, right at the tail end when it kind of died out. I remember wearing hot pink pants and a white top that, unbeknownst to me, glowed in the dark. I never was asked to skate during the Moonlight Skates (for couples) but one of my neighbours, who was in high school, was asked all the time.


Anyway, my cousin (who is the same age as me but was much more mature at the time, in looks & experience - ahem), had a crush on Jim Bray, the lead in Roller Boogie (United Artists 1979). I had no clue who he was. Now I know and how hilarious that girls loved him back then!


The movie was pretty bad, but at least there was a plot, some fun fashions and some entertaining lines. The acting was pretty terrible too but the music was pretty good. Linda Blair was basically a 1979 cliche of hairstyles and clothing choices but I loved it. Definitely a movie good for a laugh.


Skatetown, U.S.A. (Columbia 1979) was really really bad. It makes Roller Boogie look Oscar-winning. It's stupid, there's really no story & it takes place all in one night at a rollerskating rink. The only highlights (if you could call them that) are, Patrick Swayze in his acting debut and reading about all the backstage doings online (like the cocaine use, and how the actor on the far right, ended up becoming a pr0n star). I have no idea how this movie is rated higher than Roller Boogie on IMDb.

Now I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment