Thursday, April 05, 2012

Heh & Whoa!


Okay, I admit, I take pictures of my food. When I cook it & when I go out to a restaurant. BUT, not CONSTANTLY, nor do I use my flash. Also, when I don't feel it's appropriate, I don't take pictures. Like if I really just want to enjoy the food & the experience or it's too weird to whip out my phone at the Dinner table. So seeing this video made me laugh because, YOU KNOW you've seen people like this at restaurants. In fact, last week at Grand Electric, a table filled with Asians (hmm, is that why - and yes I can say this because I am one) were all snapping photos with their phones. Every single one of them! Of the same food. I was thinking if they are all friends on Facebook, the same shots would keep appearing in their updates over and over. Oh yeah, another thing, I don't have Facebook so I don't post pictures there, which makes me unusual, I think!


Just realized the title of the video and yeah, I guess I do tweet my food pics. But usually AFTER I have eaten at said restaurant. Anyway, whatever, this is funny.

Evidently the St. Lawrence Market was named one of the Top 10 Food Markets In The World, which is kind of cool. I've been going to the Market for years since it's in my hood & I love it. Saturdays are the best because of the North Market but you have to go early. I hate when it's crowded. During the weekday evenings it is less so. I can honestly say there is nothing I haven't been able to find at the Market over my years of cooking & eating. You want it, you got it. Love my hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment