Coping
Feeling pretty stressed over the last little while. My Dad fell last week, but doesn't remember how it happened. He didn't tell anyone until it came up casually in a telephone conversation I had with him. His Doctor definitely feels he is suffering from malabsorption and I can tell by just how he looks & acts lately. They are running a bunch of tests and once they figure out what nutrients he is lacking in, they'll figure out the best way to deal with it. My Dad is also concerned about his financial affairs lately so I've been going with him to his advisors. The fact he has never talked to me about these sorts of things before is a little unsettling now. It's good to discuss & be informed but I know my Dad, and he wouldn't talk about these kinds of things unless he was thinking about death. My Mom, on the other hand, is in constant denial and believes she is immortal! Heck, *I* have my Will & Powers of Attorney done! I made sure my parents wouldn't have to act as my Executor because I know it would be too much for them. So I have G as mine, and then my cousin as back-up (just because he doesn't live in the same province).
You know what's weird? I haven't felt like eating much over the last few weeks. I've had a few pig out days but most of the time I've been keeping it bland.
I made Chocolate Ice Cubes in the shape of fish! I made regular Chocolate Ice Cubes too. Then I put them in Vanilla Sweetened Milk for a refreshing Summer treat:
A really good recipe for lentils is Craig Claiborne's Lentil Puree (can't find a link online). Basically you simmer lentils, onion, cloves, garlic, bay leaf until soft and then puree it in a food processor, add some cream & butter and, yummy!
E & I went to see Platinum Blonde at a free concert. I was never really into them as a band, liked their songs but not obsessed (you know, didn't dye my hair platinum blonde or anything). It was a fun concert! The band played well and still had "it." They definitely didn't suck and could rock their instruments.
The lead singer, Mark Holmes, is definitely beefier than before, and minus the blonde hair. He had a lot of energy. I didn't realize Platinum Blonde had so many songs I recognized.
Doesn't Really Matter.
Crying Over You. Mark's Mom was at the concert and he said she is the voice who announces at the beginning, "Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin."
Standing In The Dark.
Somebody Somewhere.
Not In Love. I had to tell E that yes, Platinum Blonde did the original and NOT Robert Smith, of The Cure, and Crystal Castles. Oy! E's older than me - she should know this! What kind of Canadian is she? Haha.
Situation Critical.
Contact. This was my favourite song by them. It was totally different from their other sound.
I'm annoyed with TIFF because they can't seem to get my membership information right. I have a Dual Membership with G but changed it so I am the primary card holder back in June. Except all my TIFF vouchers for the upcoming Film Fest don't reflect this. Everything is still in G's name, even though he didn't buy a film package and doesn't go regularly (or fanatically) as I do every year. I don't know why it's so hard for TIFF to figure out? Two names, one membership. How difficult is that? So now I have to spend more time over the phone dealing with this (despite having confirmation it was done in June). I might just have to go to the Bell Lightbox and deal with it in person because I need my vouchers changed. Ugh.



No comments:
Post a Comment